I’m slowly trying to change my diet to a plant based one and over the past few months I’ve been collecting lots of recipes from Pinterest and Deliciously Ella, so I thought I’d share the favourite recipes I’ve come across.
So this isn’t a recipe as such, but I’m loving cauliflower rice at the moment. It’s ridiculously easy to make and takes no time at all.
- Cut the cauliflower into 4 large pieces and take out the core
- Then cut the cauliflower heads into medium size pieces
- Once they’ve been cut put them into a blender/food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is a rice like texture
- If there are any florets that haven’t been cut down, you can the large holes on a grater to finish off
- You can then either eat it cold, or cook it
- If you choose to cook it, all you need to do is put a table spoon of coconut oil (let it warm up) and add the cauliflower rice cooking it for about 10 minutes
So as I said, Cauliflower is really easy to make. I like to eat it with peas and sectors mixed up and sweet potato.
Sweet Potato Veggie Burger
Sweet potatoes are pretty much the staple of a plant based diet. They are so delicious I’m pretty sure I could eat them with every meal!
I’ve never been a massive meat eater, but I do love burgers so I’m glad I’ve found an alternative that’s just as delicious.
1 medium sweet potato
1/2 cup gluten free crackers
15 oz chickpeas
2 table spoons of green onions
2 table spoons of raw cashews
2 tea spoons of garlic powder
1/2 tea spoon salt
1 cup quinoa
1/2 cup baby kale
1-2 garlic cloves
Sale and pepper to taste
- Place sweet potato in the microwave for two minutes. Remove and allow to cool, cut into cubes
- Place gluten free crackers in a food processor and pulse until coarse flour is formed. Pour half on a plate
- Add to the remaining half of crackers; sweet potatoes, drained chickpeas, green onions, cashews, garlic powder, salt and quinoa. Pulse for a couple of seconds, until mixed together. Don’t mix for too long other wise it will form a paste
- Let the mixture sit for 5-7 minutes. Add chopped kale and stir throughout
- When ready to cook, turn oven to 200f and pour a table spoon of oil in the pan over a medium heat. Form into patties, then cover in remaining crackers
- Place 3-4 patties in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on one side. Flip the patties and cook until they’ve firmed up and are brown on both sides
- Place coked patties on a pan and into the oven. Cook for 10 minutes
I love eating this with sweet potato fries and lots of salad.
Frozen Banana Ice Cream
2 frozen bananas
1 table spoons peanut/almond butter
- Freeze 2 bananas
- Roughly chop and place into food processor
- Add table spoon of peanut/almond butter
- Continue to blend until smooth
I love having mine with almond butter. It’s so delicious and tastes amazing with strawberries and raspberries.
What’s your favourite recipe? Share in the comment box below.